When you use Quickee, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data (“data”) we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read this along with our which highlights key points about our privacy practices.
This notice applies to users of Quickee ’s services anywhere in the world, including users of Quickee ’s apps, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how Quickee and its affiliates collect and use data. This notice applies to all Quickee users: individuals who request or receive transportation and related services via their Quickee account.
This notice also governs Quickee ’s other collections of data in connection with its services. For example, we may collect the contact information of owners or employees of restaurants or other merchants on the Quickee Eats, Quickee Corporate or Quickee Marketplace platforms; the contact information of individuals that manage and use accounts owned by Enterprise Customers; or data of individuals who start but do not complete their applications to be drivers or delivery persons.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
Our privacy practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places. In addition, please note the following:Please contact us here or through the addresses below with any questions regarding our practices in a particular country or region.
B. Data controller and transfer
Quickee Data protection officer are the data controllers for the data collected in connection with use of Quickee ’s service is the data controller for the data collected in connection with use of Quickee ’s services everywhere else.
Quickee Technologies Inc. is the data controller for the data collected in connection with use of Quickee ’s services everywhere else.
Quickee operates, and processes personal data, globally; wherever and whenever you travel, your data travels with you so we can offer you a seamless experience. We also respect your data protection rights whether you are in your home country or elsewhere.
To help provide equivalent data protection wherever you use our services, Quickee has implemented the following measures across the globe:
For your convenience, the exercise of your data protection rights can be directed to Quickee via any of the designated channels mentioned above and will be handled centrally on behalf of the relevant controller. Questions, comments, and complaints about Quickee ’s data practices can be submitted to inquiries. You may also use this form to submit a question to Quickee ’s Data Protection Officer and to ask us for a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses or other transfer mechanisms in place for the data processing activity of your inquiry.
III. Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
Quickee collects data:
Quickee collects the following data:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
3. Data from other sources. These include:
B. How we use personal data
Quickee uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We also use such data:
We use the data we collect:
1. To provide our services. Quickee uses data to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our services.
2. Safety and security. We use data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
3. Customer support. Quickee uses the information we collect (which may include call recordings) to provide customer support, including to investigate and address user concerns and to monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes.
4. Research and development. We use data for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us make our services more convenient and easy-to-use, enhance the safety and security of our services, and develop new services and features.
5. Enabling communications between users. For example, a Rider may message or call a rider to confirm a Drop-off location, a rider may call a customer of Quickee Reaffirm the location and the Drop off time or may contact an order recipient with information about their order.
6. Marketing and Advertising. Quickee uses data (other than Guest Users’ data) to market its services, and those of Quickee partners. This may include:
7. Non-marketing communications. Quickee may use data to send surveys and other communications that are not for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Quickee or its partners. We may also send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political processes that relate to our services. For example, Quickee has notified some users by email of ballot measures or pending legislation relating to Quickee ’s services in those users’ areas.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements. We use data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Quickee ’s services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regulations, or operating licenses or agreements, or pursuant to legal process or governmental request, including from law enforcement.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
We may also allow others to provide audience measurement and analytics services for us, to serve advertisements on our behalf across the internet, and to track and report on the performance of those advertisements.
D. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of Quickee ’s services and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share such data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Quickee may share data:
1. With other users
2. At the user’s request
3. With the general public
4. With the Quickee account owner
5. With Quickee subsidiaries and affiliates
6. With Quickee service providers and business partners
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
8. With consent
E. Data retention and deletion
Quickee retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above, including to provide its services and comply with legal obligations.
Quickee retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. The period for which we retain user data is determined by the type of data, the category of user to whom the data relates, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
The length for which Quickee retains user data may further be determined by legal and regulatory requirements, purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or by issues relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute.
For example, we retain data:
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Quickee may retain user data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for reasons stated in this policy.
Users may request deletion of their account at any time through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Quickee app, or through Quickee ’s website.
Following an account deletion request, Quickee deletes the user’s account and data, unless they must be retained due to legal or regulatory requirements, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or because of an issue relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute. Because we are subject to legal and regulatory requirements relating to delivery persons, this generally means that we retain their account and data for the applicable statutory retention period after a deletion request.
IV. Choice and transparency
Quickee enables users to access and/or control data that Quickee collects, including through:
Quickee also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, make changes or updates to their accounts, request deletion of their accounts, or request that Quickee restrict its processing of user data.
A. Privacy settings
B. Device permissions
C. In-app ratings pages
Drivers can see their average rating after tapping their profile photo in the Quickee Driver app.
D. Marketing and advertising choices
E. User data requests
Quickee provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Quickee ’s handling of their data.
V. Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Quickee apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.